Thursday, November 24, 2011

Nathan is 14 months old!

Happy Thanksgiving!  Today Nathan is 14 months old!  One word I can use to describe Nathan these days is 'busy'!  I forgot how completely absorbed that toddlers are in their play. He loves to be outside and play in the sand box, climb on the toddler slide and ride on a tricycle.  He can't reach the pedals yet so Mommy pushes him along.  He enjoys chewing on chalk but he will also sit down on the ground and mark with it on the driveway.  He picks flowers, tries to eat acorns, and will take off running down the sidewalk, swinging his right arm as vigorously as he can!

He is not talking yet but he has a great understanding for what we tell him.  He has quickly learned how to climb onto the couch and rocking chair, and that's when he hears "please sit down Nathan" from me.  He knows what I'm asking him but he just can't listen, he loves to stand up and be as tall as he can!

On Sunday, 11/20, Nathan's 6th tooth finally came in, on the top right.  So he has 4 across the top and 2 on the bottom still.  I assume he's still teething because he is always chewing on his fingers and he's been trying to bite me the last few days.  He opens his mouth and puts it on my leg or arm and looks at me, as if he's saying "are you gonna let me do this"?  Of course I tell him that we have toys for biting and give him one of those. 

Nathan loves apples and grapes, and crackers.  He still won't eat meat, beans, bread, eggs, most veggies or cheese. Sometimes he will eat yogurt, pasta, or broccoli, but not always.  I hope he starts to eat more foods soon, it can be frustrating to feed this kid!

No comments: