Monday, November 28, 2011

...and Now a Break from Your Regularly Scheduled Broadcast

Hey everybody, this is Tony. I rarely ever write on here, largely because I'm a smartass, and think that someday my kids will be reading this...maybe even when they're 60. Lately, I've been thinking that I should be writing here more often, because I'm a smartass and someday my kids may be reading this when they're 60. Of course, they'll also be reading it when they're 10...17...25...and so on. I start freezing up thinking of all the things I want to tell them, since what I want to say differs depending on the time they read this. It largely varies from:

 () School is scary, and intimidating, but you'll do fine as long as you try.

 () Everybody you know feels like they're an outcast. It's not on the SAT, but it's one of the most important things you should learn in high school.

 () The friends you make on your own, the ones that count, will be with you the rest of your life. Particularly if Facebook is still around, or has inevitably mutated into Skynet.

() I know you loved him/her, but there will be somebody better someday that will make you wonder what in the hell you were thinking.

() You will always...always...think you are lightyears smarter and more savvy than you were 4 years ago.

() God, Country, Family: You keep those as your priorities and everything else will work out.

 () For the love of God, use the toilet.

I didn't say these were in any particular order.

 Nevertheless, I have hundreds of these things I feel like I need to spew to my future-children like Yoda every time I consider writing here, but I've avoided it in an attempt to not appear pretentious. But, as is obvious from this post, I've decided to give it a try anyway. Perhaps now that I've gotten some of my world wisdom out of me, I can post here more often.

-Tony

 P.S. HI FUTURE KIDS! IF YOU'RE READING THIS AND STILL LIVING WITH YOUR MOTHER AND I, COME GIVE US A HUG. IF YOU'RE IN COLLEGE OR GRAD SCHOOL, GIVE US A CALL! IF YOU'RE IN YOUR 50'S, COME TO THE NURSING HOME AND WIPE MY BUTT, AS I'VE BEEN ITCHING FOR WEEKS.

No comments: