Wednesday, December 9, 2009

No more gates (mostly)!

This weekend I decided that I was sick of the gates dividing our living room and kitchen from the rest of the house. So we took them down, except for the gates on the top and bottom of the stairs. We still have the big fence keeping Emma from the TV, but the two gates being gone is so nice! I feel like our house is bigger and we can move around easier. Emma seems happier to just have the option to go in the other rooms, but mostly she stays where ever we are. She's even stayed out of the little bathroom with the cat box.

This morning I was getting Emma dressed and told her that I had a hoodie for her to wear today. As I pulled it over her head she said "hoodie, Emma's hoodie". Also this morning she very clearly said "Big Bird" when Sesame Street came on and he was on the screen! So there's two new words just in an hour this morning!

She really likes to hold hands, especially when we are in the car. She asks so sweetly, "hold hands?" I love to hold her little baby hand, it's so soft and sweet.

No comments: