Monday, June 8, 2009

Something new every day!

Today Emma did/said/ate a few new things. First at lunch, we ate couscous with garbanzo beans and dried cranberries. I made it with half orange juice and half water. I sat the plate in front of Emma and she immediately turned it upside down and dumped it on the table. I can't say that she didn't like it since she had yet to eat one bite of it! She wasn't interested in eating anything at that time so I took her out of her chair. After a few minutes she realized I was eating and came begging for a few bites. She spit out the couscous but did eat a few of the beans. I guess the couscous is an acquired taste.

Later we were reading books and she pointed to Elmo in one of her Sesame Street books and said "Em-Mo" which I guess is her word for Elmo. She also said something when pointing to Big Bird but it was less recognizable so we're still working on that one.

Tonight I took her up for her bath and as I was running the water, she was able to get in the tub by herself! She just swung that leg over and jumped in before I had her diaper off!

Lastly, as we were nursing and rocking at bedtime, she started fussing and wanted down. I sat her on the ground and she ran to her crib, and grabbed her blanket out. She then climbed back into my lap and said "b-ket" for blanket!

No comments: