Saturday, February 4, 2012

Nathan is 16 months old!

Last Tuesday, Jan 24, Nathan turned 16 months old!  I apologize for the long break in posting news and pictures, January was a very busy month.  My thoughts are a bit jumbled so I'm going to just write a few short notes about Nathan.

He's such a little ham these days.  He loves to play outside, dig in the dirt, play hide and seek, and go down the slide.  He loves to chase Emma when she rides her bike and just run in circles on the driveway.  He still eats chalk but will also sit down and make some chalk marks on the driveway.

He's got a few new teeth.  His bottom lateral incisors came in on December 25 (right side) and January 9 (left side).  On January 28 I noticed that a molar on the top right had cut through.  All his gums are very swollen and I hope the remaining molars come through quickly, they have really been hurting him.

Nathan says "bye" and waves bye-bye now.  He gives kisses sometimes, by pouting out his lower lip.  And his hugs are still the best, he squeezes my neck so hard!  He also says "dada", and I think he might be close to saying Emma's name.  A few days ago he said something that sounded like "Ammmma" so I thought he might be trying to say "Emma".  Here's a comprehensive list of all the words he can say (at least the ones I can remember): mama, dada, ball, duck, dog, bye.

He loves books and loves to have books read to him.  He especially loves books with animals and he can correctly identify a dog, cat, chicken, pig, sheep, duck and cow in several of our farm animal books.  He is still using baby signs and now signs for "book" in addition to "more" and "all-done".

He's just a little sweetie and we are so lucky to have him!

No comments: