Monday, May 23, 2011

Nathan is 8 months old!

Today Nathan is 8 months old! He is crawling all over and pulling up in his crib, on tables, chairs, couches, the bathtub and even myself and Emma if she stands still long enough. He says 'mama' and 'ba', 'da', and 'de'. He usually takes 2 good naps a day, but I very often hold him for at least one of the naps. This ensures that I actually get to sit down for a good rest myself and he usually sleeps better.

He had an ear infection last month and seems to be suffering from the same allergies that Emma has. He has a lot of congestion and drainage but he's still so happy. He finally cut one tooth (bottom front left) and I think more are on the way, because he's still drooling and chewing on everything. He's also lost interest in eating solid foods, at least being spoon fed. He wants big pieces he can feed himself, but I'm giving him tiny pieces since he doesn't have teeth to chew up food. He loves the teething biscuits but still has trouble picking up small pieces of food or cereal.

Nathan has discovered how to blow bubbles and will sometimes give raspberries to me. He's ticklish all over and laughs when I blow in his ears. He really loves to stand up and he can clap his hands too. He loves to splash water in the bathtub and chew on his duckies. If Emma gets her hair to close, he will grab it and hold on tight. Emma can still make him laugh and she does often.

He's really growing fast and is such a happy, delightful baby. We love him so much!

No comments: