Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Baby Boy Week 37 Update

Today I went to the doctor for my weekly checkup. Technically I'm 36 weeks and 5 days, but we are rounding up! He is still head down, at station -3, which just means his head is down but he has not dropped into my pelvis yet. His heart rate is still in the 140's, so that's good. I'm already 75% effaced and dilated 2-3 cm. But this doesn't mean I'm about to go into labor. I remember with Emma I was dilated to 5cm for almost 3 weeks and she was 3 days past due. So we are still looking at about 3 weeks. I gained another almost 7 pounds in the last 2 weeks! So that puts me at 45 pounds gained and I can tell! My belly is so heavy, it just aches.

We are just about ready for him to arrive around here. We have the car seat in the car, Tony is packed and I'm about 95% packed. We still need to figure out what will happen with Emma when I go into labor. Of course that will depend on when that happens, but we need to write up some plans so we are prepared. We still need to hang things in his room, but we have the bassinet set up in our room so he'll be in with us for a while.

No comments: