Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Why I Love Barney

This is a story about how I came to love Barney. This is the kid's TV show about the purple dinosaur. I decided to let Emma watch Barney because we were getting very bored of the same old Sesame Street episodes that are currently being aired. Barney sings songs and talks about manners, among other things, and since the first time she saw it she has been interested. Just this week Emma has gotten very excited when Barney comes on the TV. She screams his name, something that sounds like "Bompy" or "Boppy" and runs up to the TV. She jumps, dances and is just so excited. Well today we watched Barney and she screamed and yelled his name again. Then later in the show, at the end, they sing the "I love you, You love me" song. Emma knows this song and loves it. Today when they got to the line "with a great big hug from me to you", she put out her arms to me, and when I picked her up she gave me the biggest and strongest hug she's ever given me! I started to cry it was so sweet! So that's why I like Barney.

--Ronda

No comments: