Thursday, September 24, 2009

Changing by the minute!

Emma is learning so many things and changing so fast! Today she has said several new words but I can only remember the most recent. She pointed to her shirt and said "shirt"! I don't think she has said that before. Then she pointed to her puppy dog toy and said "ruff ruff shirt". I think she was wondering why the puppy didn't have a shirt. She can also say 'eye', 'hair', 'teeth, 'eat' and 'cracker'.

We played outside this morning between rain showers. She was very happy, running around the driveway. She even jumped and got both feet off the ground several times! She always asks me to draw Elmo with the sidewalk chalk. She hands me a piece of chalk and says "Melmo, melmo!". So I draw Elmo and then she chalks all over him.

I've been shopping for Emma this week and found her some great clothes for this fall and next year. Babies R Us is having a good clearance, I've already been twice because they keep adding stuff to the clearance. I found Emma a pair of purple tennis shoes for $2.25, and various other items for great deals. I also found her a few things at a garage sale a week ago. I found her a cute purple and pink skirt and she loves it! She's worn it once and when she had it on, she kept saying "nice" while patting the skirt. So I think she likes it!

Emma can now climb up in the chairs at the kitchen table. She can also climb up on our bed and the couches. This is a slight problem because she likes to jump on the bed and couches, and stand on the chairs. I'm just concerned that she'll fall off and hit her head. When she gets on the bed she loves to pull the light chain and turn it off and on. Sometimes if she needs help getting up on the bed, she will say "hop". I'm not sure if she is trying to say 'help' or 'hop', but it's cute!

She is really doing well at her Kid's Day Out program. She doesn't always want to eat her lunch but her teachers tell me that she has a good time playing, singing, and doing crafts.

No comments: