Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sweet Sixteen

Today Emma is sixteen months old! She is learning and doing so many things each day, it’s hard to remember them all!

Yesterday at supper, as we sat down, she reached out for our hands. We always hold hands and say a prayer before meals, and she was anticipating this! Then after the prayer, she said Amen! Well she said something that sounded like “ammmm”, so we think it was Amen.

I’ve given Emma some of my old toys to play with, including my two baby “My Little Ponies”. They came with combs and baby bottles, and Emma will brush their manes and tails. This past weekend, she took the bottle, put it to the pony’s mouth, and made sucking noises! Now how does this girl know to do this? She hasn’t taken a bottle in almost a year, and doesn’t regularly see babies taking bottles. She’s just so smart! She also gives the bottle to her other toys, her stuffed animals and her baby dolls. She has started to carry her baby dolls around and says ‘baby’. She also puts her baby or her Big Bird into her toy baby stroller and pushes him around. Sometimes she still tries to climb into the baby stroller, as if it’s for her to ride in.

She still loves to give hugs and kisses, to us and to her animals and dolls. She is just so sweet, so loving and happy. Today I looked at her and she seemed so tall, so much like a little girl. I could see her neck, slender and long, looking less like a baby’s neck with baby fat. She is growing so fast!

She’s also learned recently to tickle. She’ll come up behind me and start to tickle me, but mostly she’s just pinching me with her fingers. And she does it hard too! She doesn’t mean too, and it’s so cute and funny , and she laughs so much! I have lots of pictures to post and hope to get those up soon.

No comments: