Wednesday, April 15, 2009

More teeth!

Emma is cutting more teeth. Her top two on the front left are cutting through. It's dangerous to stick your finger in her mouth now to check for teeth, she keeps biting me!

She is having so much fun these days! We've been playing with Lauren and Emily quite a bit and it's really good for Emma. I bought her a box of sidewalk chalk, but she's not really interested in it yet. Mostly she wants to eat it or write on the house, car, or fence. But the girls are showing her that it's for drawing on the driveway and sidewalk, so I hope Emma will catch onto that fast. We hang out in the front yard a lot since that's were the swing is now. It's good have to a place to put Emma so that I rest from chasing her!

She is also very interested in brushing her hair now! Anything can be a brush too. But she's not very gentle yet and has hit herself on the head and in the face as she is attempting to brush her hair. She also wants to brush my hair! I can take a lot of pulling on my hair, so I just let her go on my head, until she starts hitting and then we have a talk about that. This is really exciting for me, because I LOVE to have my hair brushed and once Emma is a little older, brushing Mommy's hair will be her first job!

Emma has also figured out how to turn the TV on. For a while I thought it was just luck, but now I know for sure that she understand which button to push. She can also turn the laptop off if I'm not paying attention. Which is the point I guess, she wants me to pay attention to her, not the computer! She also insists on helping me push the buttons on the debit card keypad, when we are at HEB or any other store. She loves to push buttons!

She's been calling me "Mama" a lot lately, so I think she really understands that's me! And that she can say that to get my attention!

No comments: