Sunday, November 28, 2010

Emma is 35 months old!

Today Emma is 35 months old! I missed updating last month, sorry about that. Emma is very excited for her upcoming birthday and Christmas. Today we were able to visit Santa at the mall and she was very excited to tell him that she wants Toy Story 3 and a big Belle doll.

Emma has started a bad habit of picking at her cuticles and her poor fingers are looking very ragged. I believe this started about 2 months ago, when a certain little person arrived on the scene. I really don't know how to get her to stop picking at her fingers. I hope she will grow out of it soon.

We are still working with Emma on potty training. I'm hopeful that she will decide she is done with diapers soon, or I may just say "no more diapers" when she turns three.

We are also working on rules, and no one really likes rules! But we have a few, including no toys in the bathroom or on the stairs, picking up toys before getting out more and only kissing baby Nathan on the forehead.

Emma has some quirky saying that I find amusing. She no longer asks "why", but instead she will say "why not". She really means why but for some reason she says "why not". For example, I'll tell her we need to get our shoes on to play outside and she will say "why not?" instead of "why?" She also says "me either" or "me neither" when she means "me too".

No comments: