Monday, June 28, 2010

Emma is 30 months old!

Emma is now 30 months old, 2 1/2 years!

She continues to change so fast, even from just 2-3 months ago. Her vocabulary and understanding of words is growing every day. She loves to play and imagine things, and often says that she is pretending. Sometimes she'll do something and we ask her not too, for example, she'll throw something or make a mess, and then she says "I just pretending!" So we are working on the difference between pretending and really doing something!

She also loves to play doctor. Anything can be used as a doctor's instrument. Lately she likes to use ribbons and wrap them around my arm or place them on my head. We have a doctor's kit that we are going to give her next month when we take her to tour the hospital where baby brother will be born. She loves to listen to baby brother inside my belly and will often tell me that he's kicking, even if he's not. But she has been able to feel him moving the last week or so.

She's also learning to be polite. She says "please" and "thank you" pretty often. And she is so loving, she says "I love you Mommy" or "I love you Daddy" quite a lot. Every time it just makes me so happy!

We are still working on potty training. I'm really not in a hurry, I know she can do it and when she's ready she'll make the change over herself. She knows how to use the potty and she uses it about 2 or more times everyday. She just hasn't realized the advantages of using the potty over diapers. Once she realizes that I won't be chasing her all the time for diaper changes I think she'll make the change pretty fast. But she has to come to that conclusion on her own, no matter how many times I tell her this!

She's finally letting me put clips in her hair. Her bangs are pretty long but instead of having them cut or trying to cut them myself, I'm able to clip them over to the side. She's usually pretty tolerant of me messing with her hair, but so far she's got no interest in playing with mine! But I'm not giving up, I've wanted a little girl to brush my hair and play with it for a long time.

No comments: