Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Emma is 28 months old!

Today Emma is 28 months old! She's growing so much and talking in very complete sentences. She is learning about birthdays and loves to sing Happy Birthday. She sings Happy Birthday to me, Daddy, the kitties, her friends, even her toys. She wakes up early still, by 6:30, and is always happy. She usually sings me a song and gives me lots of kisses and hugs.

She is learning about the difference between boys and girls. She knows that she is a girl, and Mommy is a girl, and Daddy is a boy. She is also developing a dislike for bugs. She calls most bugs 'ants' and tells me to make them go away. She's even becoming a bit of a backseat driver. If we are stopped at a light she will tell me "Go Mommy go", and she can get pretty upset if I can't go right away. She has learned to say quite a few things from us. She will tell us "In just a minute Mommy", and "I'll be riiiight back." She loves to draw out some of her words, to make her point.

She's doing very well at her Mother's Day out school. She loves her friends and talks about them quite a bit at home. She asks me "Where did Tori go?" or "Where is Ella?". She also asks me to go to their houses.

We are signed up to take swimming lessons next month and she is very excited about it. We talk about it almost everyday. I've also told her we are going to the beach this summer and she's very excited about that.

Soon we will be moving the guest bed into her room. She has still been in the crib but we want to get her settled into the big girl bed well before the baby arrives. I think it will be much easier for her to change beds instead of changing rooms and beds, so she'll be keeping her room.

No comments: