Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Gates, a shot, and more!

What a weekend! Tony was crazy busy doing so many things around the house! Saturday we went to Babies R Us to buy gates for the stairs, and he spent hours on Sunday installing them. First he did the bottom, which wasn't too bad, but when he tried the top we realized that it was too tall and due the hand rail we couldn't use it. So back to B-R-U to get a different gate.

I didn't mind the trip, I can always have fun in that store. We also looked at new and bigger car seats for Emma, since she barely still fits in her infant seat. While comparing car seats, we met another couple looking at the car seats for their daughter. She is only 4 months old and weighs 21 pounds! It made me feel better to see another baby as big as Emma, and even younger in age!

So we bought our gate and came back home, and Tony installed it. I really don't like the gates, I don't know what the poor cats are going to do. I'm worried they will get trapped upstairs and not be able to get to the litter box. For now we can leave them open since Emma's not mobile yet, but once she is crawling, they will have to be shut. Probably in another month or so, Emma's getting close to crawling.

Yesterday I had to take Emma back to her doctor for a vaccination. They were out of the Hep. B vaccine when we took her at 6 months, a couple of weeks ago. So we went back to get this one shot. Emma did so good! I held her on my hip, and she was looking behind me, so she didn't even see the nurse. She got the shot and started to cry, and only cried for about 3 seconds and then just stopped! She gave me a look, like she was checking for my reaction, so I just smiled at her and then she was ok! What a brave little girl! Each time she has gotten shots her reaction has been better and this was the best yet!

Well this has been a bit of a boring post, but really the only other thing I can blog about is Emma's changing poop, since we introduced solid foods. If anyone wants to hear more about it, please leave a comment and then I'll write up a nice long blog about it. I can go on about poop for pages!

No comments: