Friday, February 29, 2008

Emma’s 2 month checkup!

Yesterday was Emma's 2 month checkup with the doctor. I can't believe she is 2 months old already! She is really growing fast! She weighs 12.2 pounds and is now 23 inches long!

She is in the 75th percentile in height, the 75th-90th percentile for weight, and the 50th-75th percentile for head circumference. She had an overall good health report from the doctor. She also received the first round of vaccinations. First they gave her an oral vaccine, then the dreaded shots! Three shots total:two in one thigh and one in the other. How she screamed! I held her, and cried along with her. It was really a horrible feeling, but I know it's best for her.

She was inconsolable for about 20 minutes, but finally fell asleep in the car. Daddy had to stop and pick up some infant Tylenol on the way home. Once she woke up at home the screaming continued until I gave her some medicine. Her poor little legs were red and swollen, but the medicine helped and she took a nice long nap.

Three nights ago, Tuesday night, Emma slept through the night for the first time, from 11:30 pm to 6:45am, then again Wednesday night as well. I considered this a fluke due to the white noise generated by the very high powered fans we have blowing upstairs. (Because of the overflowing toilet and water damage, etc., read the story here: http://craftyknittykitty.blogspot.com/)

But last night we were able to turn the fans off, and it was much quieter. But she still slept from 11:30 pm to 6:00 am this morning! I really hope this is her new schedule; it would be great if it lasts! Of course I feel that we are sort of cheating, because we have her in the swing at night. I don't want her to become dependant on the swing to sleep, but it has really helped me to get more sleep. I am still waking up at about 4 am because I'm used to it, and I still have to pump at this time, but I can get back to sleep within about 20 minutes.

No comments: